Nocalhost is an open-source IDE plugin for cloud-native applications development:
- Build, test and debug applications directly inside Kubernetes
- IDE Support : providing the same debugging and developing experience you're used in the IDE even in the remote Kubernetes cluster
- Developing with instant file synchronization: instantly sync your code change to remote container without rebuilding images or restarting containers.
Nocalhost is composed of a single binary CLI and IDE extension. Ideally, you use it straight with your favourite IDE. Nocalhost does not require a server-side component as it communicates directly to your Kubernetes cluster using KubeConfig, just like kubectl.
Building Kubernetes applications is often difficult, and it is even harder for large teams of developers. Nocalhost provides the most productive way to build cloud-native applications.
The advantages of using Nocalhost to develop directly inside Kubernetes are:
- Production environment similarity - Dev environment is very similar to your production environment, giving you much more confidence that everything will work in the production environment when new features are released.
- Speed up feedback loop - Via file synchronization, your code changes can take effect immediately in the container without rebuilding the image or redeploying the container.
- Flexible scalability - Developers do not need to worry about insufficient local resources.
- Reduce Cost - Use resources more efficiently and reduce IT facility costs
Develop in Kubernetes cluster can be useful in the following cases:
- Limitations of local resources
- Want to test your application in a production-like environment
- Want to debug issues that are hard to reproduce on your local machine
- Applications need to access cluster-internal services (e.g. Cluster DNS)
Nocalhost is preconfigured to work with your favourite IDEs, you can connect to any Kubernetes cluster with one click, and enjoying the coding in-cluster, get rid of the pesky local environment configurations.
Nocalhost can automatically synchronize the code to the container every time you make a change. This way, eliminate the submit, building and pushing cycles, greatly speed up the feedback loop of development. So you see updates in under a second.
Nocalhost helps your team to standardize development workflows without requiring everyone on your team to become a Kubernetes expert.
- Kubernetes and DevOps expert on your team can configure and manager Cluster, Applications, DevSpace and Users by Nocalhost Server, Read more about Nocalhost Server
- Developers on your team can easily check out the project and start coding and debugging in the Kubernetes cluster without becoming a Kubernetes expert.
Nocalhost is battle-tested with many Kubernetes distributions including:
- Local Kubernetes clusters like minikube, Microk8s, K3s and Docker Desktop
- Managed Kubernetes clusters like TKE (Tencent), ACK (Alibaba Cloud), GKE (Google), Microsoft Azure
- Self-managed Kubernetes cluster (e.g. created with KubeSphere or Rancher)