BaseSpace: Isolated DevSpace, corresponding to the Kubernetes namespace with the
istio-injection=enabledlabel, the Istio sidecar will automatically inject to it. There is a complete set of services in the namespace, and these services are shared with the MeshSpace.
MeshSpace: Corresponding to a Kubernetes namespace, which based on Istio Service Mesh. Share the services of the BaseSpace by specifying header routing and distribution.
- Istio 1.8+ has deployed in the cluster
- Application services can transparently transmit the specified header (for example: Jaeger Tracer transparently transmits
- Create an isolated DevSpace and turn on the
Set as base DevSpaceswitch
- Deploy application services in the created BaseSpace
- Create a MeshSpace
- Select the service to be developed in the MeshSpace (services are the services in the BaseSpace, and the selection will be automatically copied to the MeshSpace for development by the system)
- Start the development
In the BaseSpace, Istio sidecar automatic injection is enabled, and the traffic of application services is managed by the service mesh.
In the MeshSpace, select the service that needs to be developed in a certain BaseSpace, and this service will be copied to the MeshSpace by the system, and configure the
Istio Virtual Service routing rules in the BashSpace. The traffic with the specified header will be routed to the MeshSpace and received by the developed service (The header is automatically generated by the system or configure by custom when the user creates the MeshSpace).
After the developed service has processed the request, the traffic sent out will be routed back to the BaseSpace by the service mesh and received by other back-end applications.